Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Columbus Day 2011


Cameron, Jonah and Macy hanging in the back yard.
Fullers, Peytons, and Cameron. And why was it that only my kids were half naked? Because they're silly, and filthy, and if one does something, then the other on has to do it too. Believe me! Any guesses as to why they were all laughing so hard? Because I was dancing like a monkey behind the photographer. dur.

Yesterday I got to spend the entire day off with my kiddos. Daddy was at work, and I hung out with the notorious Jo and fabulous Sadie Sue. As a full-time working momma, I rarely get these days where I get to pretend to be a stay at home mommy. I even wore my yoga pants all day, and didn't wash my hair. It was quite niiiiice! We went to Zilker Park and played on the fire engine, looked for bugs by the creek, and visited the hillside theater and did some booty shaking on the empty stage. Its these kind of outings that my mother used to take my sisters and I on. She would make up games for us to play, and get us involved in elaborate obstacle courses with hilarious tasks (wipe some boogers on that tree, turn around three times, find a pill bug, and run backwards up that hill). I found myself channeling her yesterday while I instructed my children to rescue my dog, kitty, fish, and frog from a tree (they were fire fighters!), walk on rock walls, crawl on statues, and do some serious marching up a hill. They loved every second, and I did too.

No comments: