Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekend in Vegas

This past weekend Leah, mom, and I flew up to Las Vegas (sans kiddos) to visit the little sister Kathleen. Her soon to be inlaws were throwing her a bridal shower, but it was to be held in Bakersfield, CA. We arrived in Vegas and immediately hit the road for a 4 hour drive to Bakersfield, where we met most of Brandon's family at a local mexican restaurant. After the bridal shower the following day, we all loaded up in the car and made the long trek back to Vegas. Finally, the gambling could being. As I had never really gambled before, I promptly lost a bunch of money on the roulette table and quickly figured out that I am pretty lucky on the slots. I hit a $45 jackpot on the nickel slots, and later hit a few more smaller jackpots. Oh man, I am I hooked. We had a blast.


A little bored on the drive to Bakersfield

Now starting to go a little crazy

At the bridal shower

Might be a little early for these two

some little fruit stand on the side of the road
Little Kathleen and her future in-laws
And finally we get to it, the roulette table. I kept betting on 17 (for Sadie's birthday), and as soon as I would bet on something else, 17 would hit. This happened 3 times, I nearly barfed.




























No comments: