Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ah dang, Dixie Carter.

I'm not totally ashamed to admit that I positively loved the show "Designing Women" when I was a young girl. The shoulder pads, the big hair, and oh yes, the sass. Julia Sugarbaker was a force of nature; extremely proper and extremely unruly. She was a feminist without being uncouth about it, and if you were racist, sexist, a cheat, or general wrong-doer, she would put you in your place with her sharp tongue and hell-bent attitude. I was sad to hear about her passing yesterday. Her piercing stare and stomping high-heels will likely never be rivaled. Thank you Dixie for teaching young girls to stand up for what's right and not be bullied by big men with over sized egos.....booya!

2 comments:

Kensley said...

Loved that show too. I didn't realize she passed away yesterday. She will be missed!

Acuña said...

She was my fave too! We'll miss you Julia Sugarbaker!